Boing, boing, boing…

Rick added his first STO class yesterday, which highlighted a few flaws in the documentation but since my entry into the equation was “well I’m sending it to the host but not getting anything back” I was somewhat encouraged. It would have been a trivial matter to get it rolled into the server for him but I was in one of those hell-bent on making stupid mistakes.

All I actually had to do was extend one class and clone a second, and having not worked with the STO code for a bit I didn’t stop to take the 30s reading that would have told me the work was already done :) Then I got hellbent on calling the class something different than I’d just called.

A fresh review of the code (i.e. this morning, after coffee) tells me that despite my efforts to screw it up, the architecture eventually prevented me, although I could have derived my class from another descendant which would have provided me with a piece of functionality rather than my having to duplicate it, and I might still switch it over.

Also spent a bunch of time analyzing some issues with part of our netcode1 stack (to be honest, reassuring myself its not something I’ve caused or netcode2 is causing; which it isn’t).

With my renewed ability to build auth servers, and the fact that at some time refitted a bunch of the auth code, I was able to finally expose a bunch of essential diagnostic info to bloo. Its simultaneously uber cool and tear-jerkingly basic/fundamental. I hope it’ll make Rafter smile, in that “omfg finally?” way.

Still got some OIC work to do; need to move the remaining brigade commands to the BrigadeController propose/veto system instead of the voting system, set up a limit of proposals per player, and make the chat permissions system use the player’s effective rank (i.e. O1) when fetching their command list, but not when working out their permissions – so they get the /commands without picking up the ‘is hc staff’ flag.

4 Comments

Bouncing grenades I can assume?

On a side note: I know many members of the WWIIOL community come here and many like myself have a bit of a coding background.

I am pretty far along in creating a stand alone (Java) key mapper for WWIIOL. Not sure if I am going to open the source to others before releasing my first version or after, but I plan to at some point.

*Back to your regularly scheduled programming*

Excellent! The whole point of CFML was the hope that someone(s) would come along and do that sort of thing. I originally created a DTD and XSL Stylesheet that CRS could drop into the CFML folders to allow easy reading of the files in a web-browser, but it scared and confused the producers (well, Corn and Gophur) so it never actually got shipped; like the registry entries I use that make it possible to launch the game with Start >> Run >> playgate:live or playgate:training.
http://ww2.kfs.org/cfml.zip if you wanna take a look. air.cfml is a regular cfml. air2.cfml has an extra line added which tells it to use the xslt stylesheet when viewed in a web-browser to produce the human-readable version of the output.

So far I’ve just hand-edited the files to do things that the keymapper doesn’t support. It would be nice to have a tool, though.

SgtSpoon as my reference I have made good progress. The application reads in the CFMLs like a dream and I am in the middle of the code which writes them back to disk.

I thought about asking you if there was a DTD laying around but figured there wasn’t so I created my own… O well.

Thanks, if anyone is interested in helping me out testing what I have currently let me know at:
afluth [at] gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Name and email address are required. Your email address will not be published.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <pre> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> 

%d bloggers like this: