From today’s patch notes
- You can now share Quests (both incomplete and complete) with your groupmates using the new button in your Quest Journal!
- When sharing a Quest, the receiver will start at the beginning of the Quest.
- You must have completed all the prerequisites in order to receive a shared Quest. If you haven’t, a message will tell you what you need to do.
- Certain types of Quests cannot be shared: Hallmark, Heritage, Signature and Betrayal Quests, plus the first Quest in each Deity line.
- Receivers will be granted any items that the original Quest NPC gives at the start of the Quest.
Something I’ve been hoping for for a long time. But it’s funny experiencing the twinge of coder envy – my first thought at reading the readme was how quietly they slipped this in:
- A new mount is now available. Tame your own fearsome Warg! Talk to Heinrich in the Loping plains to get more details.
- You can now share many of the quests in your quest journal with others. Even if you’ve completed them already!
- The Coercer Class Hat is now available!
- You can now save and load custom graphics settings.
And before thinking “cool”, I thought “dang, I can’t wait until we slip those three little letters so casually into a readme” :)
I also noticed they made some progress with temporary items; they’re now stamped with the quest name – but that doesn’t tell you whether or not you need to keep the damn things.
My inventories and banks are largely full of what I think are quest items but that I have no idea whether I need to keep. On the other hand, there are items that dissapear when you’re not expecting it to – the heart and dagger in the Sorcessess’ quest line out of Somborn dissapear when you summon them, which is a shame if she’s too high for you.
Oh, and they made some cool broker changes :)
- Containers can be flagged as ‘Contents not for sale’. This will hide the contents of the bag from any vender’s sell window.
- Searching the broker is now more intuitive:
- Each word you search for can appear in the item name in any order.
- Use a dash (-) before a word to indicate that the word should not appear in the item name.
That’s a pretty excellent development. If I might suggest, without sounding ungreatful, one last touch would seal the deal — allow quotes around phrases, e.g. -“cold fish”, and add a right-click context option on entries in the broker window which adds -“<item name>” to the search criteria.