Theoretically, some of that 40% testing is already done, but I won’t count it as that until I’ve actually specifically done it.
The host that had been running overnight was crashing with problems extracting and inserting information into the old C-based list manager we used, so I decided to bite the bullet and do away with that stuff. I figured this would render multicrew inoperable but it actually works far more than I expected. I’ll have to add restoring existing functionality for multicrew to my todo-list.
Unfortunately this is only on the spawning side of multicrew – the work I’m planning for the next dev cycle (which is nominally dynamic missions) will be an opportunity to go in and hit the MC code with a big axe. There’s no good reason for the work to be done on the strat host instead of the map host. The code for handling all the vagueries of being distributed across two different types of host accounts for about 75% of the code. If I want to distribute the work in future, I can just forward an RPC to the relevant map host instance.
That said the code is working nicely tonight, aside from the MC issues its handled most of the steps I’ve put it through. The factory-/supply- link code is working nicely too.
Chipping away at those TODO:TOEs – fallback is lurking as one of the largest.
Spent a half hour in beta firing mortars at AI emplacements. The ranging seems a bit skewed right now – I couldn’t reach an AT gun 300m away with the mortar range set to 500m – but hey, that’s why its closed beta ;)
When I did – the new explosion effects kick ass. I tried some HE rounds and Martini has given them a great new effect. The FX sweep is a combination of a bug/performance sweep and UnityII work that he’s been working on.