I was late in to work this morning, I slept poorly and I think my stomach was making pancakes. The sort of portentous start that gives rise to the simple wish that tomorrow isn’t going to be “undo day”.
So I was quite impressed when 7pm rolled around and I finished off my “updates” email to the production list only to find it was some 50 lines long. I had some extremely useful discussions with Rickb, consoled Latham on agonies of having to ban people when what you live for is trying to make a game for them to play, fixed some hugely annoying gotchas in the web tools, finished the reorganization of supply/resupply into a far more sensible single system rather than 3 separate systems, eliminating a couple of spaghetti loops, got several Lua scripts caught up, made some headway on the old “fire-death” issues.
I’d been averse to using the resupply system to “move” equipment when a brigade moves, but over the weekend I had chance to run some metrics on it and come to the conclusion that it should generate relatively small loading on the ticket system, since Gophur expressly wanted to keep the number of deliveries small — 16 deliveries over, say, 30 minutes, with a 10 minute delay starting delay.
Don’t quote me on those figures, they are speculative.
Lastly, I managed to finish my switch over of the first systems to the cell hosts “chat grid” – that is the code that detects which CP you are near and tells the chat host where people are for area chat (which is in theory now redundant, I could just send the area chat messages to the cell hosts). The code has been working for a while it just wasn’t authoritative for the information – doubling the work load. The data was reaching the chat host but seemed to be complete garbage. I couldn’t figure it out.
I finally took the knife to it and wrote a series of debug functions to try and analyze the data’s transfer arrival and reception. And then just as I was about to test it, I finally saw the mistake: