That has been a mighty tough week. The last two betas we’ve put out have largely been a test of changes to our pull and build systems throwing as many spanners at them as we could, and they largely held up to it. Anyway, we finally have 184.108.40.206 up for our closed beta testers to begin testing.
Guys, Gophur doesn’t mention it in the readme but the tutorials are “coder art” – they’re just the initial stuff Ramp knocked up to test the tutorial system.
You will want to fire this version up offline (to see the tutorials) and online (to test all the new localization stuff). I added a “/setminor” command to let you try out the anti-addiction code, and it’s running at 6x speed (so 10 minutes online = 1 hour, 50 minutes instead of 5 hours for cooldown).
World War Two Online – Closed Beta
Version 220.127.116.11 (07-25-08)
– Added Chinese host translations (first pass)
– Adjusted MAS kick to be in line with other guns
– Crew members who die while firing theior weapon will now release their triggers when they pass on to the after life
– Added keymaps for zooming the map (numpad +-)
– Added French Blen to the keymapper
Anti- Addiction Code:
– Added “minor” classification for players
– Minors are being added and removed from the minor list as intended;
– Played Time is now tracked and accumulates
– Previously accumulated played time is being loaded for minors from the database in the login unless it was saved > 5 hours ago
– All messages are now localized
– Now follows the hour slots in the spec as intended
– Now reduces score to 50% when a player is in “Tired Time”
– Now reduces score to 0% when a player is in “Penalty Time”
– Accumulated time is tracked in a database table that can be shared between multiple gameservers
– Set IS_MINOR flag on testing account (via kfsone tools > Player > View Player)
– BETA release adds 1 hours for every 5 minutes online.
Note: There is no description here of expected times for tired and penalty. See forums for testing paarameters.
– Added new terrain 08-07-23ax
– Fixed Nouvillon-Catillon FB
– Fixed Rozoy AB on slope
– Fixed floating building near Charleroi
– Fixed Gorinchem spawner
Missing from the readme (mentioned in previous readmes):
- Possible fix for the “Death Trigger” bug
- Fix for map-related UI CTD
- Added keyboard and mouse default keymaps (see bottom right of Keymapper page)
- Offline tutorials
- Changed HUD readouts from coderish “Gear Shift = N” style to “Gear: N” and now with fancy colors.
- Several CTD fixes
- Minor map-related performance improvements
We’re expecting several more weeks before remotely thinking about switching to a “release” candidate mode.