Workaround for tolua++ crash under Ubuntu 11

In the midst of some heavy deadlines, I ran into a most annoying problem with our build process: out of the blue, the normally reliable “tolua++” tool started to segfault. It took a while but it suddenly dawned on me that I was working on a VM with the (then) most recent Ubuntu.

I’ll keep it short: the problem appears to be a command line processing one, and the fix is to add characters to the command line…

I added whitespaces, re-ordered the arguments and added a pointless -E argument, from:

tolua++5.1 -n stratd -o stratdpkg.cc hostproj/stratd.pkg

to

tolua++5.1  -o stratdpkg.cc  -n stratd  -D  -C  -E project=ww2ol  hostproj/stratd.pkg

No more segfaults.

Bizzare.

Leave a Reply

Name and email address are required. Your email address will not be published.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <pre> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> 

%d bloggers like this: